About .NET Modernisation in a day
Microsoft's .NET Modernisation in a day is an exclusive FREE half-day workshop designed to help you evaluate your applications, prepare them for migration and host them on managed tools in Azure that were purpose-built for .NET.
Auckland Workshop Details
- DATE: Tuesday March. 23, 2021
- TIME: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. NZT
- LOCATION: Microsoft Auckland, Microsoft House, Level 5 - 22 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010
What will you get from this workshop?
You will gain a greater understanding of the elements involved in moving your legacy, on-premises or Azure IaaS applications to Azure PaaS.
You will learn best practices, design patterns and common obstacles to avoid when mapping out your migration/modernisation strategy, and how applications can be enhanced by adding a mix of web and mobile services using the secure Azure Active Directory.
Gain a better understanding of Azure’s key cloud technologies, including:
- Moving to the Azure SQL Database using the Azure Data Migration Service
- Deploying web and API apps into Azure App Services
- How light-weight, serverless APIs are provided by Azure Functions and Azure Functions Proxies
- Azure Redis Cache and Azure Cognitive Search
8:30 - 9:00 am: Registration and light breakfast
9:00 - 10:30 am: Workshop
10:30 - 11:00 am: Break & morning tea
11:00 - 12:30 pm: Workshop
The workshop will be split into these three sections:
- Legacy/ on-premises application modernisation overview and the value that Azure brings
- Whiteboard design session where you can create a detailed roadmap for modernising your application and infrastructure by leveraging Azure
- Hands-on lab to guide you through the process of implementing your modernisation plan.
If you're looking to drive cost savings and efficiencies when managing your application - register your interest for a workshop near you.
We're expecting these events to fill up quickly so if you're interested, make sure you secure your spot!
Parallo Tech Strategist